Galatea Creek To Lillian Lake

Galatea Creek To Lillian Lake is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alberta, AB and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from June until September.

really enjoyed this hike

Great work out! Interesting trail with many bridge crossings, mostly forested and shaded from the sun. Steady ascend with several steep sections. Beautiful view at Lilian Lake.

Also continued hiking up to the first Galatea Lake. It was steep and rocky. We could see the lake behind the trees, the color was amazing. Due to lack of time, we didn't try hard to find a way down to the shore, but returned instead.

Really enjoyed this hike a couple of years ago, nice hike, good day out.

Not the best views on the way up and not enough signs. Good way to spend your day though.

nice steady hike, beautiful streams

Excellent views. mostly gradual pitch with some steeper sections. Scree between Lilian and Galatea is easily traversed.

Such a great hike up to the campsites. Good first day hike with heavy overnight packs. Was the only two people in the campsites and the new tent platforms look good.

We did this last Thanksgiving at I'm glad we did ! Another exceptional hike that has everything. I would recommend going beyond Lillian Lake to the upper Galatea Lakes.

The hike in to Lillian lake is pretty easy going with a constant flow of moderate inclines hugging the banks of the river and only a couple of steeper sections to tackle closer to the lake. I would say that it's a bit longer than trail maps and books would have you believe as the detours due to flood damage certainly add up and I could see a kilometre may be accounted for at the end. After a night at Lillian lake backcountry campground we woke up at 5am to make some coffee for our flask and hiked up the final, steeper and more challenging section to the Galatea lakes to catch the sunrise. It was mind blowing how beautiful it was up there. This is a phenomenal hike that everyone should put on their bucket list and I can't recommend doing it first thing in the morning highly enough.

Great hike with steady moderate incline, only a few steep parts. The trail follows a creek between two mountains, that leads to a nice small lake. Not a lot of gorgeous views, mostly in the bush, but a couple cool ridges. Went on Saturday on a long weekend, had people for sure but not crazy busy like I was expecting.

Great summer hike! The lake is beautiful and the trail itself is a great mixture of up and down through some Narnia-like forests.

awesome hike!

just completed April 10 2016 it's pretty snowy up top (like waist deep) and Lake Lillian's still frozen over was an amazing hike though great views and a good workout 5/5. Can't wait to return in the summer and make it to upper Galatea Lake :)

Awesome hike! great views and gorgeous little lake.

My five year old son and I hiked did this hike after the trail reopened from the flood damage. The bridges have all been replaced. The temperature dropped from +8 (C) to +4 as we got closer to the lake. There was snow and mud so gators, hiking poles, and layers are highly recommended for this time of year. We are definitely planning on returning next summer so as to hike to the second lake.