Elbow Falls Loop

Elbow Falls Loop is a 0.5 mile loop trail located near Kananaskis, AB that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and is accessible from March until November.

I have done this twice. Once at about mid-morning, the second just after sunrise. The second time was far easier to enjoy as there wasn't a single other person anywhere nearby.

Pretty easy

Lovely walk! Not strenuous by any means but pretty!

Random trip to the mountains never disappoint. Twas a nice walk.

Just a stroll. Falls are pretty. Kids have fun running up the path leading to the falls and throwing rocks in the water down below.

This is a nice little stop if you're going elsewhere, I wouldn't drive out here specifically just to see Elbow Falls though. The whole walk is about 15 minutes.

A nice stroll

A great walk, but this is no hike. A short guided loop, paved with signs that tell you all about the area. Beautiful views in the short walk though. The first pic I put up is the East view, the second is the West view. To the west is the paved area with picnic tables and fireplaces, looks like a great family place with washroom and allowed dogs on their leashes. a 5 star walk and picnic area, but again not a hike. Went in at 9:00 AM No one there, on our way out at 12:00 crazy traffic was heading in, so I beat the rush I guess.

Walked this loop and a little more wondering past the closed road towards beaver flat on March 19th. Great first outing for spring. Most of the trials were clear, some light snow and a few sparse ice patches. All in all nice little walk. The loop itself is very easy we ventured on our own after we completed loop and there were more trying areas along the trail we discovered, still only moderate in difficulty. Also the Falls look gorgeous year round recommend this place to all!