Crescent Falls & Bighorn Canyon

Crescent Falls & Bighorn Canyon is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Clearwater County, AB. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

We parked from the first lookout and walked along the Ridge. The falls were beautiful however there was too much ice to make it down to the lower falls; beautiful day to eat lunch by the water though.

I started at the end because I was at the campground, but also did the hike from the main trailhead and I was at the falls without realizing I had gone 3KM. The falls themselves are well worth the walk. There is a scramble down to the lower falls but there are a set of climbing ropes making the ascent and descent manageable.

Easy walk with the beautiful fall at the end.

Awesome! Spectacular views along the whole way. Careful with dogs as there is steep slopes. Easy path to walk along. If you have family that can't hike then they can drive to the falls and meet you there. Well worth the hike.

Beautiful short hike. You can enjoy the day use area by the falls and camp as well. First come first serve get there early.

Pretty easy hike. Started at the look out point and hiked from there to the falls. Lots of people and trail was very muddy and wet from all the rain that we have been getting but wow what a view. Take the rope down to the base of the falls, very cool. took use about 4 hours but we stopped a lot to take in the views.

The hike was good, the trail was pretty easy untill you started to go down to the river side. To get down to the first 2 falls was good, but to get down to the third was more scree than anything thing with very loose rock wall. Just watch your footing and you'll be ok. It's an awesome adventure for the morning. =)

Really enjoyed this hike. I wouldn't recommend it for families with kids under 12 though, some step slopes directly beside the path. One wrong step and it could be tragic. Beautiful view, will definitely go back.

Beautiful! Waterfalls and canyon are gorgeous! We were a little confused at the beginning as the trail had signs indicating flood damage and to use at your own risk. We ended up ignoring the signs and were careful not to get too close to the edge. There is flood damage but it appears as if the trail is still being maintained a little (fallen trees were cut for example). Dog friendly trail and very quiet. We went on a Sunday morning around 9am and we didn't see anyone else using the trail. We will be back to do this one again soon!

One of my favourite hikes so far. We went earlier in the day which I would recommend because we were the only ones on the trail for the better portion of the day. The hike leading up to the falls was beautiful and I love how when you get to the falls you can literally sit right at the edge. Gorgeous hike!

Masterpiece

geocaching

Absolutely the best place.

Absolutely a beautiful and easy hike with a very stunning views of the 3 set of falls at about the midway point.
definately a must hike trail for friends and family visiting this beautiful province.

Awesome beginner hike - the falls were beautiful and the rope to get to the bottom was neat. Trail was nice not muddy. Will go again.

A must see waterfall, if you don't feel like a beautiful hike you can drive right to the top of the falls.

geocaching

Trip was awesome....really wet as it rained for three days leading up to hike. Falls are beautiful! Moderate hike but short.