Cory Pass

Cory Pass is a 7.9 mile loop trail located near Alberta, Alberta, Canada and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until August.

Great variance in terrain and views. Powerful uphill, and worth it.

Awesome views from the pass. Lots of mountain goats and a bear on the trail. The initial incline seemed to go on forever not well traveled only saw three other people. I would do this hike again. When the trail breaks apart stay left and go up for the best views of Banff and beyond. The only water will be after you go through the pass and start the trip down the mountain. This was a great trail and well worth the effort!

Hard but seriously worth it!! Amazing views!!

Great hike

This is probably one of my favourite hikes in the area, challenging but not difficult. I hit the trail in mid May and once our group got to the back side of the mountain the trail was completely covered in snow and then it started to snow so we decided to turn around and head back down the way we came since we knew the trail condition. Even in the snow that eventually turned into rain loved every minute of it. Gonna head back later on in the summer and complete the entire loop instead of just out and back.

Word of Caution, while we took a break for lunch, we sat down on the ground with our backs against some downed tree and noticed a ton of ticks, thankfully we only sat for a few second before noticing them but just be careful and watch where you put your stuff down for a break.

After a miserable and adventurous Saturday with heavy rain and up to waist level river crossings, I was extremely happy to return to the loop of the Cory-Edith Passes on the beautiful Sunday with sunny blue sky. Gorgeous views, wicked gargolys, and the making up stories of Mt Louis, Mt Edith, Mt Cory and Mt Fifi made the hike one of my best in the Canadian Rockies. Seeing how much AV risk exists should there be snow, I felt smart that I had decided to turn back last November at the cliff dropping point !