Baldy Pass Trail

Baldy Pass Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alberta, AB that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

5.2 miles 1951 feet Out & Back

We did this hike the morning after the first snow this winter. It was a nice gradual hike with steeps and flats. The path was very difficult to follow, however, after the first hour as everything was covered in snow and no path was visible after we came to a high clearing. A beautiful walk in the woods!

A decent climb, and great for a short outing, but a significant portion involves stumbling across loose rock and pebbles in what I imagine was once a riverbed. Although I would do the longer Baldy loop (the summit looks fun), I would pass on the Pass in future.

A fairly steady but moderate climb. Once it levels out at the saddle take a small break before ascending the much steeper climb to baldy peak. Well worth it !

Good hike. We continued to the trail to south summit but we stopped after the first hump.

If you like scree skiing this is the mountain for you!

Great

This was my first hike, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The trail is bendy with a slightly steep incline along the forest floor. I was completely unaware of both our destination and the length of the trail, but as we reached a clearing and could see the summit above us the feeling of accomplishment becomes invigorating and gives you the drive reach that peak. As a complete novice it was a bit difficult and showed how badly out of shape I am, all the more reason to find another trail. I think I have found my new hobby!

Very nice, it was a very decent hike. We didn't go all the way, only to the point where it was a nice view. A lot of twists and turns on the path, had some decent uphill climbs, but no scrambles.

Great for a 3-4 hour day hike you don't have to do the full loop just start at the trailhead south of barrier lake (parkings on opposite side of highway) Cross the highway then follow the beaten path until you get to the top for some decent views! We hiked it March 6, 2016 and the trail was well packed down. A great shoulder season hike!